Monday, April 30, 2012

Yummy Pork


Herb  Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Adapted from Paula Dean's recipe

Prep Time:
10 min
Inactive Prep Time:
20 min
1 hr 45 min
Cook Time:
Level:
Easy
Serves:
6 servings

Ingredients

1 (4-pound) boneless pork loin, with fat left on 
1 cup of fresh spinach
3-4 slices of swiss cheese
1 cup of gorgonzola cheese
1 tablespoon salt 
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced 
1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 teaspoons fresh basil leaves 
1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 2 teaspoons minced fresh 
rosemary


Directions

Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. 

Place the pork loin on a rack in a roasting pan. Slice the pork down the side middle. Spread pork flat and layer spinach,swiss and gorgonzola cheese in the middle. Fold pork closed and use tooth picks and kitchen string and to tie closed. Combine the remaining ingredients in 
a small bowl. With your fingers, massage the mixture onto the pork loin, covering all 
of the meat and fat. 
Roast the pork for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to 425 degrees F and roast for an 
additional hour. Test for doneness using an instant-read thermometer. When the 
internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F, remove the roast from the oven. Allow it 
to sit for about 20 minutes before carving. It will continue to cook while it rests.

                                             Its Really really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey I'm Madison,I am a child of God, I'm also homeschooled. I have two wonderful sisters, and I love dogs, I live in MS, and I'm very excited that you are visiting my blog.Thanks!